As initially stated in my project goals, I made a poster to represent key facts about African and Australian Archaeoastronomy to a person with no knowledge of the subject. I have provided a link to my final poster, which I will be presenting at the Charles Center Summer Research Symposium on Thursday, October 3, 2013. Thank you very much for reading about my project!
For my summer project, I researched the causes of Rwandan genocide with a focus on the political situation and how it affected the ethnic tensions and, eventually, the outbreak of genocide. I had originally planned to focus on the independence movement in Rwanda during the late 1950s and early 1960s. However, I recognized early in my research that the political issues that played a role leading up to the Rwandan genocide were typically created after independence was already achieved.
When I set out on this project, my goal was to identify techniques for collecting and processing feedback from the “ground-up,” utilizing the wealth of crucial information stored in the local people who the World Bank attempts to help with its projects. I expected to find basic skills that would rely on emerging technologies, like the Internet, smartphones, and satellite data, which would give the World Bank, and me, a leg up in its pursuit of better feedback collection.
My goal was to create a complete album that both musicians and laymen enjoy alike. While I can’t know that everyone has enjoyed it, i‘ve gotten positive feedback from musicians as well as everyday people, and I am certainly proud of the effort. Though this project was supposed to take 80 hours, I regularly put in 16-hour days all summer long, spending literally many hundreds of hours writing, and producing, and recording the project. I was also excited to involve my other areas of expertise including audio engineering, digital audio production, and graphic design.