Post 1 – Mapping and Interview

I started my project by creating a site map of  the Banner website using a free online service called GlooMaps. This gave me a better sense of the organization and content of each page. I listed information about each page along with a description of the services it provides on a Google Docs spreadsheet. This was made more difficult by the fact that many pages on Banner are accessible from multiple different points in the hierarchy and there is a high degree of redundancy in the services provided. I found many pages which offer single services for related tasks that could easily be condensed into one page. One particular example of this the Student Information tab where there are separate pages for changing personal information, changing your ethnicity, and viewing your ethnicity. There are also a lot of pages which redirect to external websites but require multiple levels of navigation to access. I would hypothesis that the overlap in page function, lack of discrete pathways for navigation, obscuring of external links, over segregation of tasks, and vague category labels account for almost all the problems users encounter when trying to navigate Banner.

[Read more…]

Post #1: Foundational Research on Advertising, Collection of Resources, and Changing Direction of Project/Project Title

Hello everyone!

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was only able to begin my research this month. I have currently completed about 20 hours of research, but I am sticking to my plan and I will hopefully have my literature review completed around the first week of August.

[Read more…]

Moral Egoism and Libertarianism: Initial Findings

Over the past few days, I’ve expanded my knowledge of Moral Egoism as well as libertarianism’s history and core beliefs.

[Read more…]