Post 1: Where have I been?

So, I started my research on June 10. This, my first blog post, was written (is being written?) on July 3. That makes it… 23 days since I started. The question now becomes, “Where in the world have you been?”

Well. I’m not going to lie and say that there wasn’t significant amounts of procrastination involved, but I have another legit excuse, I promise! When I took on this project, I had no idea how deep I was about to dive. Graph theory and finite geometry are normally graduate level subjects, and I haven’t even taken an official linear algebra course yet. So I spent many days asking dumb questions, taking notes, and asking more dumb questions. At the end of the day (well, 23 days), though, I hope I was able to absorb and assimilate enough knowledge to explain the project to someone else, and more importantly, myself. After all, talking to yourself is perfectly normal and not strange at all.

*ahem*

So now with the main part of the project nearing completion, this will be my attempt to do some explaining. The next post will be focused on the maths and theory I learned, and part three will be on the research we’ve done. So strap in, ladies and gentlemen, it’s gonna be a long ride.